Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Good Times and the Bad Times.

This week has been a mix of emotions for me.

On Wednesday, I was just sitting in my first period of the day, Word Processing with the best tech teacher eva, Mr. Cordero, when someone says to my friend Addie, "Addie! Madi is here!" We have about a million Madi/Maddie's at my school, so I didn't really process the words. But when I turned around, I saw one of my BFF's from 6th grade, Madi, standing in the doorway. Wearing a Lakeview uniform. Addie told me that Madi might be coming back to our school after she left in the summer before 7th grade, but I didn't really believe it. But now, she was standing right in front of me. Me and Addie ran to her and gave her a great big hug. Mr. Cordero got her new account all set up for her on the computer next to me and Addie, and we started catching up on stuff. It took me a while to really believe that Madi was back. I even asked Addie to pinch me, which I regret because she pinches hard. Turns out that Madi is in my Word Processing class, my Math class, my Art class, and my English class. It was hard to focus that day in class because I was still in shock, but now, I'm really happy and excited for Madi to be back.
Me and Madi at art class!!


The same day, at Young Women's, we had a... SPA NIGHT!! We rubbed this hand scrub, that looks like a lemonade slushie, all over our hands to make them smooth. At first, no one thought it would do much, because it felt like sandpaper ripping your skin off, but when you washed it off, it felt like heaven! Our hands were SO soft. Then we painted our nails. I still have mine on. Although it's coming off a bit. Then, once our nails dried, we put an icky oatmeal face mask on all over our faces. Again we doubted it would do anything, but once you left it on for 20 minutes, it also felt like heaven. Then we created this jello lip gloss that had to sit over night to harden before we could put it on.
 My blue hand
The pink hand that was supposed to be blue, but someone else was using it, and I'm not very patient.

It has started to get colder here in Utah. It was pretty warm about 2 weeks ago, but now Utah has changed it's opinion on what the weather should be, again. Typical Utah. So I had to play a game yesterday against Arsenal in the freezing cold. It was like 45 degrees out there! No joke! We had no subs, and they had 7. One of our players scored a goal on the wrong side whilst trying to get the ball out, and accidentally kicked it right passed our keeper. Our keeper got kicked in the leg, and was limping the rest of the game. Another player got hit in the back of the head towards the end of the game, and had to be taken out for the rest. They were pushing a lot, and only got fouled once for it only because I told the ref to watch the shoving. We started giving up hope at the second half. We lost 5-0. It was rough. But, what can you do except try harder next time? Besides, we play them another 3 times, and we'll be better prepared.

The General Conference Women's session was yesterday too. It was great. Here are my notes:

Sharon L. Eubank

  • Integrity is more important than visibility.
  • People who repent change history.
  • Use your courage to tell people why you believe.
  • Be strong in the gospel so that you can save people from being dragged into the riptide.
  • Don't put yourself beyond the Savior's love.

Neill F. Marriott
  • Look for those who need love.
  • We can love through the atonement of Christ.
  • Because of His atonement, we can feel our love from our Heavenly Father.
  • Pray with all your might for some of His charity so that you can love as he loves.
Joy D. Jones
  • You should feel special because YOU ARE A DAUGHTER OF GOD.
  • Never doubt that you are special, because you are.
  • Knowing you are a child of  God will help you through the trials of your life.
  • Thinking bad about yourself doesn't help. It holds you back.
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
  • You can look at everything with sadness, anger, of you can look at everything with happiness.


No comments: